Current Vacancies - Lambeth Council
- Job Group
- Social Care - Qualified
- Salary (£)
- Closing date for applications
- 30 April 2018
Job SummaryOccupational Therapists: Adult Social Care and Housing
Community Occupational Therapy Services - Full or Part Time
Starting salary PO2: £34,254 rising in annual increments to £36,912 pa including LW. (pro rata if part-time)
Lambeth Council are seeking occupational therapists to work in Adult Social Care. We have an exciting new post for an occupational therapist to work with a small team of occupational therapists in the Home Improvement Agency.
We also have additional posts within the Older Persons Team and Integrated Disabilities Team and invite applications for these.
This is an exciting time to develop the role of occupational therapy, working closely with surveyors and case managers in the Home Improvement Agency (HIA). Highly motivated, you will work with other OT colleagues to provide a responsive service to our diverse and vibrant community in Lambeth.
Initially you will be linked to another OT for peer support and you will be supported by an experienced OT manager. Opportunities to develop your Professional Development Portfolio are available, and the attendance of training courses & skill sharing within the OT team are encouraged.
We have introduced new innovative ways of working, and there are opportunities to work your hours flexibly from home and in the office.
If you would like to discuss these positions, please call Sue Winter on 020 7926 6389
Your responsibilities will include:
• Carrying out home OT assessments for disabled adults and older people resident in the borough. The OT post in the HIA will focus on assessing needs for adaptations in the home
• Providing recommendations for major adaptations, including Disabled Facilities Grant applications
• Arranging the provision of equipment & minor adaptations.
• Liaising closely with the Housing colleagues, health professionals and hospital social workers
• Occupational therapists working in multidisciplinary teams work closely with social workers and we promote single handed moving and handling care plans.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the Disclosure can be found at www.disclosure.gov.uk and in the application pack
Additional Website TextPlease apply online www.lambeth.gov.uk or via the Redeployment Team, if applicable.
It is essential that your written application gives evidence or examples of your proven experience in each of the criteria marked as “Application(A)”. Evidence of other areas will be sought at interview and/or test, as highlighted.
Contact email: Recruitment@lambeth.gov.uk including the job reference number APH0256 in the subject line of your email.
Lambeth is committed to Safer Recruitment and aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.
For more information, please click on the job description link below.