Booker: Commercial Analyst - Wellingborough
- Reference number
- Booker Group
- Equity Support Centre
- East Midlands
- Sub Location
- Contract Type
- Full time / Part time
- Full time
Provide #analysis, information and recommendations to move our business forward. #Booker #Jobs
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and self motivated, possess strong analytical skills with a high standard of PC literacy including advanced Microsoft Excel. Previous experience working within a finance function is necessary and suitable candidates would ideally be working towards a financial qualification (ACCA or CIMA). Previous experience of providing decisons support analysis in a wholesale, retail, food or FMCG environment would be preferred,
Although the role is primarily based out of Equity House, Wellingborough there will be a requirement to work from the Makro head office , Eccles, Manchester as required by the business.
How do I Improve cash profit?
In respect of specific margin activity I am responsible for:-
· Ensuring accuracy of margin entries and promotional funding on a weekly basis.
· Advising on terms changes year on year to maximise benefits to the business.
· Identifying low margins or problems areas.
· Dealing with supplier queries in respect invoicing, ensuring payment cycles and cash flow opportunities are achieved.
· Undertaking analysis of major drivers of Category growth, eg Pricing and promotional activity.
I am responsible for providing the DOT with regular forecasts against budget, providing insights on key variances.
I am responsible for calculation and presentation of IBUY activity.
I am responsible for reviewing supplier contribution, identifying opportunities for growth and providing understanding on periodic performances.
I will be a financial expert for the category team, proactively supporting the team.
I fully support and assist the wider Finance team on other duties as and when required.
How do I Improve Customer Satisfaction?
- I focus on what is important to internal and external customers and develop strong working relationships to maximise input into the decision making process
- I resolve issues quickly and inform my line manager of issues as they arise.
- I complete work to required deadlines without compromising on customer service.
How do I work to Company Standards?
· I am responsible for ensuring an efficient filing system is maintained for all supplier income documentation.
· I ensure invoices for adhoc activity are raised accurately and promptly
· I assist my manager to find the best ways of working and make changes for improvement where required.