Booker: Butchery Manager - St Pancras
- Reference number
- Booker Group
- Booker Wholesale
- Sub Location
- St Pancras
- Contract Type
- Full time / Part time
- Full time
"Meating" Customer Needs at every opportunity #Booker #Jobs
Competitive Salary - Depending upon Experience
Reporting to: Area Manager
We are looking for experienced Commercial Butchers to run our Butchery Departments like their own business.
- Ensure that the Butchery Department complies with all legal and company standards.
- Engage with Customers, building relationships with them to understand their business and their needs.
- Manage a team and relish the opportunity to train Butchers with the support of internal Butchery Apprentice scheme.
- Use your expertise to generate new customers, develop existing customers business and grow Butchery for Booker Group.
- Responsible for butchery sales & profit
- Manage a team to provide the highest customer service and merchandising standards
- Ensure compliance to health and safety and legal requirements
You will have:
- Previously ran your own Butcher shop or coached and developed a team of Butchers
- Commercial awareness and the understanding of yields and costs
- Proven ability to manage profit and loss margins.
- Excellent customer service and cutting skills
- Experience of working with carcases and knowledge of businesses within your local area is an advantage but not essential
Real opportunities for progression across the Booker Group with many of our Butchery Mangers moving into Store Management roles.
We operate a 5/7 day operation and typical opening times dependant on location, are currently:
Monday-Friday: 07:30 – 21:00
Saturday: 07:00 – 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 – 17:30
Booker Group is the UK’s leading food and drink wholesaler.
We comprise of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direst, Classic Drinks, Ritter-Courivaud, Chef Direct, Booker India and Booker Retail Partners. Together we are privileged to serve over 1.5 million business customers
Booker Wholesale: The Company is the UK's largest cash and carry operator with 172 branches nationwide, we offer our business customers branded and own-label product which are sold to a wide and varied customer base that includes independent convenience stores, grocers, retailers, forecourts, off-licences, pubs, restaurants, event caterers, schools and care homes. All key product categories are available including soft drinks, grocery, fresh and frozen food, beers, wines, spirits and non-food items. In the year to March 2015, sales totaling £3.6bn were collected by the customer from the Group’s branches and sales totaling £1.39bn were delivered to the Company’s customer premises.
Makro: It operates 29 stores, including one in Belfast. Focusing on catering and small business, Makro offers a wide choice of products to suit their professional needs that are great value for money.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.